Minors Baseball Rules
Beacon Hill House Rules – For BHLL vs. BHLL games
- 10 in the field (4 outfielders)
- 2 innings max. per pitcher – no pitch count
- First year pitchers can pitch from the close rubber
- 9 in the field (3 outfielders)
- 2 innings max. per pitcher AND pitch count limit of 50
- Carry affidavit – umpire signs off
- All pitchers must pitch from far rubber.
- Any pitcher who has pitched 41 or more pitches in a game cannot play the position of catcher.
- 3-run limit per inning
- Bat through the lineup
- Stealing home permitted
- 10 run mercy rule after end of 4 innings (if a team is leading by 10 or more runs after 4 complete innings, game is over)
- No inning starts after 1 hr. 45 minutes
- Last inning is modified open – visiting team can get their 3 runs, home team can score as many as they can to win (ie going into last inning, visiting team is winning 9-7. They can score 3 runs to be leading 12-7. Home team can score 6 to win 13-12 – Try explaining this to kids. It’s fun.)
- Any catcher who has caught for four or more innings cannot then play the position of pitcher.