Baseball Interlock Rules
Little League Victoria (District 7 - B.C.)
- All teams, which play an interlocking schedule, must abide by these rules.
- All coaches, managers, and umpires must review the safety rules for Little League Baseball and abide by them.
- If a team shows up to the park with less than nine (9) players (or a player is hurt during a game, leaving a team short) then the opposing team must lend a player or players as necessary to continue play.
- Continuous batting order will not be used.
- Shorts and open-toed shoes or sandals are not permitted on the field. (This includes managers, coaches and players.) Managers and coaches must wear long pants. Capri pants are not acceptable.
- All leagues will post their ground rules. These rules cannot overrule the Little League Rules and Regulations.
- A pitch count affidavit will be carried by all teams and signed by the head umpire at the completion of the game; this will include interlocking, exhibition, and games played at the local league level.
- Umpires' discretion of the fitness of equipment and field conditions (after the game starts) is final.
- The home team is responsible for the grounds, supplying umpires, and supplying score sheets.
- The mercy rule is in effect. Extra innings may be played at the discretion of the umpiring crew. The results of the extra innings will not count, but pitch count will be counted and recorded.
- All games will be played in accordance with the rules of Little League Baseball, except noted above.